when it was becoming obvious our
home was no longer .. I put off joining the hulls or adding anything
that would make them even more difficult to move. As it was,
I had to build a temporary frame in them to keep them from distorting
during the move to a house we rented far enough away to get away
from most of the aircraft hoons.
This was a devastating event. We had
worked very hard to convert a place of potential to perfection
for our needs. Local government and the aviation community will
never be forgiven for this atrocity.
Again, this was just Kay and I to
do all this. I set up rollers/fencing posts, to move the hulls
...and hired a 40 foot crane truck.
I made a trolly out of wheels from a hand truck and plank to
make rolling a little easier. Too bad the truck couldn't get
into the yard.
One at a time.....
the other hull...
And start all over. As this photo
was taken, I was inflicting the injury on my shoulder mentioned
on this page, that made another big
delay. I was too keen to get on with it to realise what I had
And no "cherry picker"
this time to erect. God, I hate heights....
Now all set.. waiting for me to be
able to work again. Ian Campbell of the polycore boat was the
one who told me, "there is nothing more soul destroying
than a part finished boat sitting in the front yard". No
argument from me.